Saturday, April 2, 2011

Morning Infomercial Thoughts

Thanks to my lovely dog Corona, this morning was a 5:45 wake up..and it was Saturday, my sleep till 7 day. So I decided I am not going to go back to sleep; the sun is starting to rise, I will sit and watch TV. It is amazing the programs that are on so early in the morning about diets to start and exercises to try. The one that was very interesting yet not practical for any of my clients is this workout called Turbo Fire. This workout is guaranteed to burn major calories in no time flat, they actually showed a mom 46 who dropped 40 lbs. Without seeing what the workout was I thought; lets see what you need to do. Well ladies and gentlemen it was a high end dance workout with upbeat music and a group of people kicking legs and bringing their knees to their face. Wow, that is crazy! Although I am sure that this style of exercise has its place (the dance craze is here) it is to a small population.  We need to sell to the masses. People that feel they can actually perform the exercises being demonstrated. If I were to show any one of my clients this video they would laugh. We need to stop making exercise a joke, it needs to be taken seriously. We don't have an obesity epidemic because people are doing to much Turbo Fire, we are just not moving enough. So lets go back to the basics and make a promise to ourselves to move 30 minutes everyday or most days. Your body and health will thank you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment