Thursday, April 28, 2011

The ARC TRAINER...Not an Elliptical

I am the first to admit that before I found my love with running I was an elliptical girl. I would ride that machine for an hour with my headphone blazing. Then I found a new piece of cardio machinery when I was looking to move my studio. It was the ARC Trainer. Now most of my clients could not use an Elliptical because of its fixed motion. My orthopedic clients with knee, and back issues found it to be extremely uncomfortable. So we decided to get rid of the elliptical and buy ARC Trainer.
The ARC Trainer is a unique machine. You need to get on it to understand how it works. I tell my clients it  is like running in the air. It is not easy, you need to build up the amount of time you spend on it. But once you do the results are great and you don't have to spend to much time on it. The idea behind the ARC is big calorie burning based on the muscles it targets (glutes, quads). This machine works the muscles not the joints, I have older clients with knee replacements using the machine for 30 minutes feeling great. I even use it as a recovery workout on days I don't run. When I run it's usually 60-90 minutes but on the ARC 40 minutes is just enough and great sweat going, and my knees, quads, and hip flexors feel loose.
If you have not tried the ARC trainer, I would highly recommend getting on one. If you are unsure how to use it ask a fitness professional for assistance and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment