Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grilled Steak and Vegetable Salad! Must Eat.

So the other day Frank and I were in the supermarket; I am typically not a meat eater but my body was starting to feel tired and it wasn't just from my running but from what I felt was lack of some REAL Iron. So I headed to the meat department and picked up a pack of the leanest cut of steak they had. I went home that night and made a GREAT salad that my body thanked me for. Call it my Grilled Steak and Vegetable Salad, and all you need is a grill pan or your regular outdoor grill and a bowl to put everything in. So here's how to do it.... 1 pack lean steak cutlets 1 yellow zucchini 1 large tomatoes 1 head of asparagus 1 orange pepper Pam spray 2 large roasted red peppers (jarred) 2 TBSP chopped olives any kind (I used black) 1/2 can drained artichokes sliced in water 1 fresh lemon 1 TBSP crumbled goat cheese 2 TBSP Italian Dressing 2 cups Arugula Salad 1 cup fresh Spinach That's all the ingredients you'll need. I typically buy a bunch of these vegetables from the market and keep them in my fridge ready to go at any time...especially in the summer when it is to hot to put the oven on and you want a quick and healthy meal after work.
OK lets get started: 1) Marinade your meat with the dressing and let it sit room temp while you get the vegetables 2) Slice your vegetables so that they cook even on your grill, and spray your grill with PAM 3) Heat Grill to medium/medium high, and place your vegetables on top (cooks for a total of 10-15 minutes) We are talking all veggies (orange pepper, tomato, zucchini, asparagus) 4) Place your arugula/spinach/olives/roasted peppers/and artichokes in a large salad bowl 5) Remove vegetables when they are done slice them and add to bowl 6) Place steak on grill and cook at same temperature for 5 minutes, but watch them.. they cook really fast! 7) Remove steak & slice it up and toss in the bowl 8) Toss everything together and spritz your lemon juice over the entire salad mixture 9) Place your crumbled goat cheese on top toss again and serve This dish is so great. If you are not a fan of Steak then add Chicken tenders or even Shrimp....this whole dish took me about 20 minutes and it was so good. The next day my body definitely felt better. So give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment