Monday, July 19, 2010

Cucumber Roasted Pepper and Tomato Salad

So my team memeber Jeff grew his very first Jersey Garden this season. When he told me that he got some nice cucumbers I said have you ever eaten a cucumber salad, if not I am making you one that is really good and healthy. Well today was the day I made it and brought it in for him to eat for lunch. He LOVED it and here is how simple it is to make. Give it a try let me know what you think... Ingredients 2 Large Cucumbers (peeled and sliced) 2 Large Roasted Red Peppers (jarred and washed) 1 TBSP Sliced Black Olive (or your favorite) 6 oz Chopped Cherry Tomatoes 1 ½ TBSP Cut up Low Fat Mozzarella (Slice the block long ways and cut into small pieces) Sprinkle of Ms. Dash (Italian Medley Seasoning) 1 TBSP Plain Balsamic Vinegar Take your cucumber, peppers, olives, and tomatoes cut them all up and put into a serving bowl. Sprinkle your seasoning on top and toss. Add the balsamic vinegar and cheese toss again and serve. You can serve this dish chilled or room temp. Great as a side dish with your favorite grilled protein or as a refreshing light salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment