Monday, May 16, 2011

Yummy Spinach-Parmesan Pie

I will tell you this pie making stuff is fun; you can do just about anything with them and they are simple, quick and healthy...or at least the ones I have created are. I am the first to admit that I love spinach and will try it in anything, so here is my healthy spinach pie. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
1 TBSP Smart Balance Omega 3 butter
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 (10 oz) box chopped Spinach (thawed and drained)
1 bag of fresh spinach (steamed in microwave and drained)
1/2 cup low salt , low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup low fat milk
1 tsp lemon juice
3 egg substitute
3 TBSP Parmesan Cheese
dash of nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a pie plate, in a saute pan heat up your garlic, butter, and spinach. Toss together and place into you pie plate. Mix in a separate bowl your Bisquick, milk, lemon juice, and eggs. Mix together till lumps are gone. Take your cottage cheese and spoon on top of your spinach, then pour the liquid mixture on top of the pie plate, sprinkle with nutmeg and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes and serve with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment