Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have no time to exercise!

This week I had the pleasure to go out to a local corporate health fair and speak about the importance of fitness and wellness. Every time I go out to one of these events I have the opportunity to speak with people that are really into health, and others that can not come up with enough excuses as to why they can't exercise. The number one excuse I hear all the time is- I have no time. To be honest I am starting to get tired of that excuse, we all have time to have dinner with friends, and browse the Internet etc. but we have NO time to move. I feel that if something is important enough for you then you will make time. I know that many people feel exercise is confusing, intimidating, and maybe even stressful. But to not exercise is silly, all you need is 30 to 40 minutes most days then not, and you are good to go. I have had people start a program saying I don't know I am really busy, and find they are exercising more frequently and feeling great once they make that commitment. Why? They made time! That 30 to 40 minutes a day can make a big difference in how you feel and perform in your everyday life. So be honest with yourself, it's not about time you just don't want to exercise, and I respect that. Just don't complain when your health starts to decline, or your body has more bad feeling then good feeling  days, and your pants are a bit tighter. You have the ultimate decision to take charge of your body and why not treat it well with exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment