Monday, May 23, 2011

Healthy Banana Date Cookies

I am not a big dessert girl but I do love pie, esp (banana and coconut), and I love a good moist cookie. Since I am not a baker I wanted to do something that required a small amount of ingredients, was easy to make and had some healthy benefits. So here is what I came up with, healthy cookies that are high in potassium from the banana, loaded with good fiber, and super low in calories. Each has about 86 and it is a teaspoon size. My Ironman hubby thinks they should be a bar who knows maybe they will be.

Ingredients:
3-4 riped bananas 
1 Cup chopped fresh dated
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 TBSP non alcohol Vanilla extract
2 Cups of Rolled Oats

Preheat the oven to 350. In a bowl mash your bananas, add all the ingredients and stir together. Using an ungreased baking pan, take a teaspoon and scoop your mixture onto the pan. Place in the oven for 25 minutes, let them cool and serve.

Tips:
This could be a great breakfast cookie with natural peanut butter.




No comments:

Post a Comment