Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yoga Saturday's

I was never a fan of Yoga, I felt that I didn't have the right mindset to shut down and find my inner Chi. When I was getting my undergrad degree I was introduced to yoga for the first time, I was in a class that was dark and told to close my eyes and find the inner light. Well my light was not on and I think the bulb was dead. (this was before energy efficient bulbs I guess) So I never pursued yoga, didn't even suggest it to clients because I saw no benefit fitness wise. That was until I started hearing the buzz about this hot Vinyasa yoga, and Power yoga. Well now I am hooked. I started doing research about the different style, the benefits, calories burned etc. and found a studio that taught both practices, so I gave it a shot, LOVED it! Saw instant benefits, both physically and mentally, and now I practice almost every Saturday. It is something I truly look forward to. The difference between this style yoga and the one I was first introduced to is you are really working out in Power/Vinyasa Yoga. I leave class every time like a wet noodle, and in totally relaxation mode. Plus this style of yoga you can judge how you want to practice...for me I will hold a pose, or take it to the next step depending on how my body feels. Most times my hips are so tight I can't go any further then the poses hold. For me that is hard enough. So my advice would be is you have not tried a yoga class take one. It will really change your physical and mental being. Plus ladies it burns about 400 calories in a 75 minute class (just saying).

1 comment:

  1. Great post Fran! I totally agree! I just posted about my own little love affair with Yoga lately too :) www.footprintsandinspirations.blogspot.com
    It's been a great compliment to training!

    ReplyDelete