Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cake Boss Event Thanks

Tuesday evening I got the pleasure to bake a cake for cake boss "Buddy." This whole cake baking would not have happened if it weren't for the baking skill, and icing skills of my parents. Without then the last few days of preparation would have made me nuts. I am now going to call my dad the official Spackle cake decorator. I have never in my 31 years seen cake icing perfection like he had. Good thing he watches Food Network and HGTV. Mom is just a great flavor collaborator. She would say needs more rum or juice, she also helped place the decorations on the cake and took a photo of it in the fridge the morning of the event so I wouldn't panic that it fell. Having them in my corner during the event prep was a true blessing and for that Mom and Dad I love you.
I was glad to share the event with my mother, she was more nervous then I was.....well maybe. When we cut the cake for Buddy our stomachs dropped. We made a last minute decision to add the pineapple fill and had no time to taste it. Our original had no fruit. When the judged said how great it was we looked at each other and said YES! I brought her a piece so we could taste and we both said home run....YEA!
So now the Pina Colada Cake is born and I have my first request to bring it for Easter...can't wait to hear what the rest of the family thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment