Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Salad with Shrimp

I LOVE vegetables, eat a ton of then everyday. I have come up with so many different ways to cook them but this is by far my favorite. I even order meals like this at restaurants, with vegetable (sauteed/grilled/steamed) on the side.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of Asparagus diced
4 grape tomatoes
2 sliced fennel bulbs
1 cup of baby spinach
2 cups sliced mushrooms (baby bello, and white)
1 sliced beet
1-2 sliced figs
4 pieces of cooked shrimp
1 tsp crumbled goat cheese

Lemon Dressing:
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350. On a baking tray lines with foil, place your tomato, fennel, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook for about 20 minutes. On your dish place spinach, beets, and figs. Once the vegetables are complete, place them on your dish, top with shrimp, goat cheese, and dressing. This is the healthiest meal you can eat.

Tips:
This salad is endless, you can use tofu, chicken, beans..the sky's the limit. I eat a salad like this every night, it is my favorite meal of the day. So give it a try and make sure to have a glass of wine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment