Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pomegranate Marinade

I am not one who gets creative in using fruits and oils to make a marinade, but I was inspired by watching Rachel Ray the other morning so I tried it. Not so bad so here it is. FYI I gave the basic formula I used but taste it and see what you want to add more of. Enjoy!
3 Whole Pomegranates (or 1 cup POM Juice)
1 Bay Leaf
3 Cloves
4 Tbsp of Balsamic
2 Limes Juices
1 Lime Rind (grated)
1 Squirt of Honey
1 Lemon juices
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a small sauce pan or pot, juice your whole pomegranates by rolling it on the side so the seeds burst and pop. Then make a small slice on the side and squeeze the juice out into the pot. (or you can just use the POM juice) Place your bay leaf and clove into the pot along with all the rest of the ingredients. Place over medium low heat and cook stirring the mixture together. About 5 minutes. Before you pour onto over your meat, or fish, remove the bay leaf and cloves.
Tips:
I used this marinade on chicken, and served it over salad. I took my the chicken and placed it in a Tupperware container. Then I poured the marinade over the chicken, and placed it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Bake in a 400 degree oven (which I did) or grill them which ever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment