Monday, September 20, 2010

Chicken Roll with Goat Cheese and Asparagus

I love asparagus, I eat it just about every night. I actually go to Costco and buy 3 large bunches for myself and Frank for the week. I also like how quick easy and healthy chicken is, and to add some extra excitement I fell in love with goat cheese after eating a salad made with it and asparagus. I know that most people would say that goat cheese if fattening but NO. It has CLA in it which is a fat burning agent plus a little won't hurt....just don't tell my husband. It took me so long to get him into goat cheese; still working on Feta. So here is the recipe: Ingredients: 4 Thin Chicken Breasts 1 Small Roll or Herb Goat Cheese 5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar 1 Tbsp Olive Oil 1 tsp Ms Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning 8 Asparagus Spears cut in half Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine your balsamic, olive oil, and seasoning, stir together. Take your chicken breast and place flat on the cutting board. Use your goat cheese roll and spread a layer along the top of the breast. Take your 2 spears of asparagus and place it to the top of the chicken and slowly start to roll the chicken breast down to the other end; wrapping the spear with it. Take a baking dish sprayed and place your chicken. Use your balsamic marinade and coat the top and sides of the chicken with a brush, making sure you get everything coated. Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. I made this dish over the weekend for my client....So yummy. Tips: Serve with vegetable and quinoa, or salad and sweet potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment