Sunday, June 10, 2012

Vegetable Frittata



I just got  into eggs, and they are super healthy, and loaded with great protein and vitamins. I normally don't order them out because they are made with butter, heavy cream, or whole milk. But when I am home I eat them all the time for dinner, especially hard boiled. Love them on a salad, but this time I wanted to learn to make an Italian favorite the Frittata. So my mother showed me the basic ingredient and I changed them to this.....


Ingredients

1 small contains of an egg substitute

1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes

4 stalks of steamed asparagus (chopped)

1-2 cups fresh baby spinach

2 tbsp low fat mozzarella cheese shredded

Olive oil spray

Pinch of black pepper 


Preheat your oven to 325. In an oven friendly skillet heat up your olive oil and add your tomatoes, spinach, and asparagus till just about wilted. Next take your egg container and pour the entire thing onto your vegetables..Do Not touch it. Let the eggs blend with the other items in the pan. Add your black pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Place the skillet into the oven and leave it to cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and serve.


Tips
This was great, first time I ever made one and it was so easy. This is now my new alternative to the boiled egg. I make this for us to eat for dinner, and even lunch the next day for Frank with rice. The sky's  the limit with this dish you can do anything with vegetables, meats, cheese, you decide. Great for kids as well, add there favorite ingredient  and give them the good nutrients they need.




No comments:

Post a Comment