Monday, March 5, 2012

Healthy Carrot, Zucchini and Tomato Soup

I love soup but I don't enjoy cream based soups. I also like to make my own because no matter what labels say canned anything has a tone of sodium. So I like to control my nutrients in soup. So I used my favorite kind (tomato) with an added twist of extra vegetables. So let's get started on this quick low fat healthy soup.

Ingredients.
1 box of diced tomatoes (Pompi)
4 carrots diced
2 zucchinis diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 medium onion diced
2 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper to taste
Dash of Cumin to taste
3 cups low sodium or low fat chicken or vegetable broth

In a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil, onions and garlic. Add your vegetables, tomatoes, and broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add spices, reduce heat and let cool before you emulsify or blend it. Once blended the consistency is smooth and velvet, you may just think there is cream in it. Serve with a salad and enjoy. <

No comments:

Post a Comment