Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fit Cuisine Cooking Menu for 1/3/2011

Soup: Pasta Fagiolo This soup was made so many time by my mom and now my sister and I; it is a complete and healthy meal that can be eaten for lunch or dinner. All the nutrients you need are in this great soup. Entree: Bruschetta Chicken Breast This dish was a thought up in the middle of a long run; my thinking was that every family gathering we go to they serve this dish before dinner with bread and crackers that we don't need, so why not add it to dinner. Since everyone LOVES chicken but runs out of ideas on what to do with it I thought lets come up with a less oil filled way to do that. Goes great with a side vegetable and rice. Lasagna Rolls: Love the stuff but hate all the cheese and extra calories. So I decided to come up with a way to get a taste in a small portion size. I changes the noodles to whole wheat, and cheese is combination of low fat ricotta, and cottage cheese. Plus since the noodles are rolled you get a small taste with great flavors. Very good! Individual Meat Loaves: This dish has been in the family forever, we call it Italian meat loaf. I changed it a bit by adding, pesto, using lean meat, and adding flavorful marinara. Frank is a big fan of this dish and loves it for lunch. I make 2 small loaves so that they cook fast and you have dinner or lunch for 2 days. Great with my whipped butternut squash or sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment