Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well lets just say that I clearly don't enjoy baking (thought today would be different)....I have zero patience for measuring, whipping, mixing...there is just to much work required, to many ingredients and clearly the time it takes to bake is just not worth it.
So today I decided to try a recipe for the holiday that I thought would be quick; but as I started to deconstruct it, I realized it is so much easier to roast a veggie. The baking item today was a healthy cookie...the results came out well Frank even ate a few...so if you are the baker type gives these a try.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup can't believe its not butter
1 egg
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
1/3 cup organic brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375. Take your oats and chop them in a processor (be careful I spilled mine all over the counter). In a small bowl combine, processed oats, wheat flour, baking soda and mix together. Then add both sugars, egg, vanilla, oil and soft butter. Mix all together till everything is well combined. Add chips for the final stir. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your cookie dough on the sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes and let cool.
I decided to try to make these cookies Fit Cuisine style put everything in a bowl and serve...it worked out well, just reminded me that I should stick to cooking healthy meals not healthy desserts. But if you are game enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment