Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baked Apple Crisp

I love warm baked fruit, especially apples. It goes so well with gelato or ice cream. When Frank and I go to dinner he usually will say "if I get dessert what are you most likely to try or share?" I always say fruit pie or tart of some sort. I wanted to try something without all the calories and fat that the restaurants have so I came up with this.
Ingredients:
4-5 apples sliced (I used Gala)
1 TBSP Organic Raw Brown Sugar
1-2 packets of Instant Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
1 tsp dried Cranberries
Cooking Spray
Preheat the oven to 375. Take a baking dish and spray it. Place your sliced apples on the dish and layer them all around, sprinkle your sugar, oatmeal packet, and cranberries on top. Place in the oven for 15 minutes and serve.
Tips:
This was a total look in the pantry surprise. It came out really good. I put it in my Greek yogurt for lunch yesterday and I was impressed with the flavors. It was not at all to sweet, but if you want to use low sugar oatmeal you can. I just don't enjoy stevia/splenda; it is garbage for the stomach. You can also serve this with frozen yogurt, or any ice cream of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment