Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spinach and Vegetable Salad

 
I love experimenting with all different kinds of vegetables and I love making up a large plate just like this. The whole meal is under 300 calories. It's my go to after a long workday.
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
1-2 cups of Spinach
 
1 small Asparagus Stalk (cut the tips)
 
1 large sliced  Mushroom
 
1/2 of a sliced Beets
 
1/3 cup Chickpeas
 
Cherry Tomatoes
 
Fresh lemon juice
 
 

Take a large dish and place all your ingredients. Spritz with fresh lemon juice toss and enjoy.
 
If you want to cook up your vegetables feel free to roast or flash steam them in the microwave. So delicious and good for you. This can be added with tofu, sliced chicken, fish, you decide just keep the animal protein low and the vegetable, beans high. If you are not a fan of lemon use olive oil or a light vinaigrette.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm David! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    David.D.Haas22{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete