Monday, August 6, 2012

Healthy Olive Spread

During the summer months, my family like to unwind after work or on the weekend to a great glass of wine and some sliced vegetables with spread before dinner, or going out. I started to notice in the market all the different high calorie spreads and felt it was NOT worth the extra lbs.

Since my family loves olives my mom and I came up with this lower sodium version of the store bought, it is super light and full of flavor...so lets get started.

Ingredients:

1 small can of black olives (washed)
1/2 can of green olives (washed)
1/2 jar of Kalamata olives (washed)
1 clove of garlic
1 TBSP Olive Oil


Take all of the above ingredients and place them into a food chopper or mixer. Chop till all the olives are broken up, pour into a dish and serve.




Tips:
I love to serve this with cucumbers, carrots, or whole grain cracker. It can be a great snack on pita, or toasted whole grain bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment